Several good and innovative governance practices related to multi-stakeholder governance are included in Protecting the Cornerstone: Assessing the Governance of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative Multi-Stakeholder Groups.
These examples of good practice offer valuable lessons for all EITI implementing countries to draw from as they develop internal governance processes and practices.
Case studies in the Report and Guidance Notes include good practices for:
- Transparency for Multi-Stakeholder Group documents and activities
- Planning, preparing, and scheduling Multi-Stakeholder Group meetings
- Geographic representation of Multi-Stakeholder Group membership
- Engaging communities and local actors in the national EITI process
- Civil society liaising and outreach processes
- Initial outreach and selection of civil society representatives for the Multi-Stakeholder Group
Additional guidance for developing good internal governance processes in multi-stakeholder groups, and for good practices for civil society participation in the EITI, are available in Guidance Notes that can be downloaded in English, French, and Spanish here.